What we do
Hogar de Cristo USA Inc was founded in the United States in June 2006. With offices in Pompano Beach FL, the 501c3 advocates and raises funds for Hogar de Cristo with more than 330 programs/sites throughout Chile. It is one of the largest and of most active charities and reliable in Chile. In 2017 it was ranked within the top companies there, even compared with internationals corporate with local offices likes Google, Facebook, Whatsapp, Uber etc.
We offer eight (8) different thematic areas (programs) to assist/impact vulnerable and poorest people, all 100% focused in social inclusion:
- Elderly Care-Senior Citizen
- Pre-schools and Kindergarten
- Homeless & Street people
- Children & Youth abuse
- Drug & Alcohol abuse (via Parentesis foundation)
- Education for children & youth at social risk, rejected by public system (via Sumate foundation. Goal, dropout school & technical skills – 5 own school)
- Job inclusion (via Emplea foundation), most are women 80% with low incomes and/or unemployed. Goal: get skills to improve their low incomes & get employment
- Mental disability inclusion (via Rostros Nuevos foundation). Goal: improve their skills – training. Then help to get jobs.